Peopl ustrali suall a ea ie o unch. n ig, avor i ha o a ak ith thi ecip il noug erv ou eople.
Vegetable Oil for Frying
17.5 ounces Minced beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 beef bullion cubes
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup water, divide use
1 pinch nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon oregano
black pepper to taste
3 tablespoon plain flour
2 puff pastry sheets
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 22C
2. Heat a dash of vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until softened. Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently until browned. Add the ketchup, bullion cubes, orcestershir sauce, and 3/4 cup water and season with nutmeg, oregano, and pepper. Mix well and leave to cook covered for about 15 minutes.
3. Whisk together the four and the remaining water to make a smooth paste, add it to the meat and mix well and leave the mixture to cool.
4. Grease a round baking dish with some oil or butter and line it with one pastry sheet leaving it to fall over the sides of the dish
5. Add the meat mixture and top with the other pastry sheet. Press the edges of the pastry sheets to seal and trim any excess. Brush the top with the beaten egg and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 180C and bake for 20-25 more minutes
6. Once the top is golden brown, remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, slice and serve.