Any recipe that uses fresh greens from the farmers market AND pasta is going to get a mention. Another recipe from Adrea Bemis at Dishingupthedirt.com. I guess when you live and work on a farm you tend think outside of the grocery store.
We think Andrea's version is great as is. However, walnuts make a good substitute for almonds. If you like a little extra spice a roasted jalapeno or serrano chile(skin removed) makes a good addition to the pesto.
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the full recipe and steps please visitRead More